What is it?
A painless, electrotherapy modality used by therapists to treat a range of different injuries. Specific ultrasound waves are transmitted into an injured area via a probe.
Common injuries treated:
– Muscle strains or tears
– Ligament sprains or tears
– Musculoskeletal swelling
Potential Physiological Effects:
– Increased local blood flow
– Stimulation of the healing process
– Tissue relaxation
– Reduction of swelling & inflammation
– Breakdown of problematic scar tissue
– Pain relief
– Injury healing