Many physiotherapy clinics in Dubai today provide custom orthotics. But, you might ask, “What are orthotics?” “Do they really work?” Most importantly, “what are their benefits?” It is understandable to have all these questions and you surely need the right answers. In this post, you will come to know how custom orthotics can help you.
A custom orthotic is an insole inserted into a shoe. As a biomechanical and medical appliance, they are custom made to fix a certain problem in your foot. Custom orthotics are designed to restore the proper anatomical alignment of your foot and ankle and to the rest of your lower extremities.
Orthotics are versatile and highly useful. The reason is that they are specifically, anatomically, and physiologically made and designed based on your foot’s structure and the manner you walk. Orthotics could be made of soft and/or hard materials, depending on the goal of treatment. There are different benefits of using custom orthotics. These are some of them:
- Improve proper foot mechanics – people use orthotics to correct a wide range of abnormal foot and ankle issues. These include, but not limited to, flat foot, cavus foot, bunions, corns, hallux rigidus, calluses, plantar fasciitis, and neuromas, to name a few.
- Reduces pain – the most common reason people use custom orthotics is to reduce or eliminate foot pain. As you may have noticed, foot abnormalities produce pain. By correcting these abnormalities, orthotics can decrease pain perception.
- Increase comfort –continuous pressure on your feet and repeatedly doing the same tasks while you are standing can be very harsh to your lower extremities. A custom orthotic adds the necessary cushion and softness to your footwear to prevent discomfort.
- Enhance athletic performance – custom orthotics are so effective in improving the anatomical function of the foot that they are now part of sports therapy Dubai. It is no secret that athletes put more pressure on their feet than most ordinary people and thus, they require all the support they need to stay in top shape.
- Prevent future problem – many people use custom orthotics even after having their problem fixed or when they don’t have issues anymore. Since orthotics keep your foot in proper position all the time, then it also serves as a preventive measure against future abnormalities.
As you can imagine, if you combine all the benefits you get from custom foot orthotics Dubai, you will surely have a better way of improving your overall musculoskeletal system. Of course, every person is unique, and you will be surprised to know exactly how a custom orthotics can help you. For this reason, it is highly recommended that you visit us at Scandinavian Physiotherapy Center. We are certified to do the assessment and fitting of the mass4D foot orthotics in Dubai.