Did you wake up this morning with a sore back? Perhaps you bent forward and felt a sudden pain in your back? Maybe you are feeling stiff and sore after sitting for too long?
Regardless of when you have these symptoms, you may be relieved to know that you are not alone. 80% of people will experience an episode of back pain during their lifetime.
Find below a few more facts on back pain, that may set your mind and body at ease:
- 85% of people fully recover by three months.
- Had a scan? – Don’t get too worried about the results. Evidence suggests that scans only show something truly important in 5% of people with back pain.
- Exercise is good and safe.
- Bedrest is not helpful.
- The spine is designed to be flexible and strong at the same time.
- There are things that you can do to manage and prevent back pain.
Contact your physiotherapist for more information and guidance in regard to things you can do to either manage or prevent back pain.