April 13, 2020
Lower back pain is a common health concern managed at Dubai physiotherapy clinics. Most people experience it at some time in their lives. It can happen suddenly or develop slowly over time, with the pain ranging from sharp and stabbing to a dull ache.
Nonspecific low back pain (not caused by any disease or spinal abnormality) is usually linked to muscle strains or spasms, nerve injuries, or degenerative changes. Specific low back pain, which is the more serious type, may be caused by compression fractures, disc herniation, infection, spinal stenosis, or neurological disorders. The good news is, there are a lot of strengthening exercises you can do at home to alleviate low back pain. Doing so can increase the blood flow to the area, reducing stiffness and speeding up the healing process.
1. Basic Bridges – This move, when done correctly, can strengthen the large muscles of the buttocks (gluteus maximus) that stabilize hip joints and lower back during movements.
2. Lying Lateral Leg Raises – This move can help strengthen hip abductor muscles which are involved in balance and mobility. When these muscles are weak, it can cause low back pain due to instability.
3. Partial Curls – This move helps strengthen the abdominal muscles, which play a role in maintaining proper hip alignment and supporting the spine.
4. Drawing-In Maneuver – This move is one of the many core stabilization techniques taught to patients during the initial phases of physiotherapy for lower back pain. It trains your deepest spinal stabilizer muscles.
5. Superman’s – This move helps strengthen back extensors that run along the spine. These muscles allow you to arch your back, maintain an upright position, and support your pelvic bones.
Low back pain can affect us in so many ways. It can inhibit your work performance, keep you from doing physical sports, or shorten your temper. But in most cases, it can be managed easily. How do you know if it’s time to consult a doctor for your low back pain? These conditions could indicate that something more serious is causing it:
If you are looking for a solution for your low back pain, seek professional help at Scandinavian Physiotherapy Center. They offer musculoskeletal physiotherapy, manual therapy, sports massage, and other treatments to alleviate and resolve your condition, pain, or injury. Call them at +971 4 551 6126 to book an appointment today!